Today I’m taking a break from my regular posting to both acknowledge and pass along The Liebster Blogging Award that I received from Debbie Weber Hegeman of Life Giving Nook.
Thank you for this award Debbie, it means a lot to me. There seems to be some confusion and a bit of mystery about the origins of this award. Supposedly it started in Germany. Liebster stems from the word lieb which translates as love. So, to the lovely folks that I am passing this award along to, you have a lovely blog site and I’m happy to shine this light on it.
I’m using Debbie’s rules which I think she got from the person who gave the award to her. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It’s basically a “Hey, that’s a sweet little blog you’ve got there. Here’s an award!” You can’t just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see. Here are the rules: 1) Post 11 facts about yourself, 2) Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you, 3) come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, 4) you need to nominate 11 bloggers who have a following under 200 and notify them of their nomination and the rules by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Now you can snag an award graphic. I’m providing several options for the award graphic which I found via Google. There are more if you prefer to find another.
Now without further ado here are 11 Facts about myself required by the rules:
1. I was born in Brooklyn, New York.
2. I attended UCLA.
3. I lived in Germany for a year.
4. I started out wanting to be a journalist.
5. I was a caterer to pay my first year tuition at UCLA.
6. I worked in a dog breeding kennel.
7. I love animals and did volunteer work at a wildlife foundation.
8. I love to fly.
9. My favorite states to visit are New Mexico and Alaska.
10. I have an organic garden.
11. I love discussing politics and religion.
Next are the 11 Questions Debbie asked of her nominees:
These are the questions that Debbie has asked of her nominees:
1. Have you ever been in 4-H? – No. I was a girl scout though.
2. Do you like being in the house or outside more? – It changes with the seasons. In summer I like to stay indoors, in winter I love to be outdoors.
3. Do you feel it is important as to what foods you eat on a regular bases? – Yes, a healthy diet is essential.
4. What is your favorite Thanksgiving activity? – Being with family and friends.
5. What sport do you like better for you to play volley ball or baseball? I’m not into sports anymore. I used to play basketball.
6. Tomatoes fresh or cooked? – fresh
7. Do you like green smoothies? – Not so much.
8. Do you enjoy dark chocolate? – Yes, I prefer it.
9. Have you ever read The Diary of Anne Frank? – More than once.
10. Water or Soda? – Water
11. Your favorite time of the day? – Twilight
Next are the 11 questions I have for you – my nominees:
My questions for my nominees:
1. Are you a new entrepreneur or have you been in business for awhile?
2. What is your biggest blogging challenge?
3. What is one goal for your blog?
4. If money were no object, what would you do all day long?
5. Who is your ideal customer/client?
6. What social media sites are you on aside from Facebook?
7. What is stronger for you, your dream or your doubts?
8. What services does your business offer?
9. Do you have a business coach?
10. What makes you happiest about your business?
11. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
And finally, here is my list of 11 Nominees:
1. Laura Clark. Soul Wise Living at http://www.soul-wiseliving.com
2. Peggy Lee Hanson Inspire, Encourage, Support at http://www.inspiration4encouragement2supportu.com
3. Alexandria Barker, Living Light at http://alexandriabarker.com
4. Colleen A. Kahler Humphries, Feel Alive at http://colleenhumphries.com
5. Sara Duggan, Mom With a Hook at http://networkedblogs.com/DELBN
6. Amy Putkonen, Tao Te Ching Daily at http://taotechingdaily.com
7. Janette Fuller, Books, Inspiration and Life at http://janettefuller.blogspot.com/
8. Linda Ursin, Linda’s Realm at http://heksebua.com/linda/
9. Kama J. Franklin, Gracefully Natural at http://www.gracefullynatural.com/
10. Roy Ackerman, Cerebrations: Ruminations from the Mind of Roy Ackerman at http://networkedblogs.com/DFhF0
11. Minette Riordan, By Design at http://www.bydesignforwomen.com
Holy cow, now I have track you all down to notify you of the award. Sorry for all the work you have to do if you accept this award :-).